Decoding Whiteness: Racial Justice for a Re-imagined World
The Decoding Whiteness: Racial Justice for a Re-imagined World cohort provides a critical opportunity for white people to deepen their understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and learn how to embody that work in everyday life in multiple contexts.
The prominent opportunity in this project is community building and behavior change. We will explore decoding whiteness as a foundational move toward more effective engagement in anti-racism practices and behaviors. This is a primer to better prepare white people to engage in conversations with and dialogue supporting Indigenous, Black, and people of color. We will build capacity to work together toward shared goals for a more livable and just society and environmental movement.
Specifically, the goals of this program include:
- Co-create a community that is committed to ongoing, daily, sometimes painful, growth.
- Explore content from a myriad of people to deepen analysis and support a new vision.
- Practice refining a new vision and changes in behavior and beliefs, and advocacy needed for transformation.
- Evolve a system and thinking of abundance and reciprocity.
- Make tangible commitments to learning about, understanding, and practicing decolonized behavior, decoding whiteness, and engaging in regular anti-racism actions.
- Action planning focused on racial equity and justice.