Decoding Whiteness: Racial Justice for a Re-imagined World
The Decoding Whiteness: Racial Justice for a Re-imagined World cohort provides a critical opportunity for white people to deepen their understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and learn how to embody that work in everyday life in multiple contexts.
The prominent opportunity in this project is community building and behavior change. We will explore decoding whiteness as a foundational move toward more effective engagement in anti-racism practices and behaviors. This is a primer to better prepare white people to engage in conversations with and dialogue supporting Indigenous, Black, and people of color. We will build capacity to work together toward shared goals for a more livable and just society and environmental movement.
Specifically, the goals of this program include:
- Build self-awareness and co-create a learning community that is committed to ongoing, daily, sometimes painful, growth.
- Recognize the behaviors of racism and of inclusion and belonging.
- Explore content from a myriad of people to deepen our racial equity analysis and support the creation of new awareness and vision for change.
- Make tangible commitments to learning about, understanding, and practicing decolonized behavior, decoding whiteness, and engaging in regular anti-racism actions.
- Evolve a system and thinking of abundance and reciprocity.
- Action planning focused on racial equity and justice.
Now open for registration!
Decoding Whiteness: Racial Justice for a Re-Imagined World
October 18-21, 2021
9am-1pm PST each day
Course sessions will take place on Zoom
Registration and payment link for Decoding Whiteness: https://cdeinspires.salsalabs.org/decodingwhitenesscdeopenenrollmenttrainingoct2021
Program tuition is $750. Once payment has been received, an email will be sent with details to complete your registration and prepare for your course.
There may be some partial scholarships available with demonstrated need. Please reach out to Jody Van Riper at email@example.com.
How to Register:
Registration will be limited to the first 20 participants who sign up. Additional names will be added to a wait list. Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org