Registration now open!
Dates: April 1 – 5, 2024 | 9am – 1pm each day (PT)
Location: This is a remote training via Zoom.
Building the Foundation is the first step in a dynamic and rewarding journey.
Diversity and inclusion work is not swift; it is an iterative process of awareness building, information gathering, analysis, vision development, planning and action. There is no magic shortcut. Whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or just starting out, our Building the Foundation course re-frames equity, diversity and inclusion as a lifelong, fulfilling journey.
CDE facilitators ground in emergent practices, meeting each participant where they are in terms of their unique experiences and analysis. We start by creating a forum for deep learning, honest exploration, and open dialogue. From there, we begin to develop an understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our lives, our relationships, and our work. We explore the many dimensions of diversity in our personal and professional interactions along with tools to build on strengths and engage in effective action.
Our courses provide a supportive space to:
- Build self-awareness
- Develop a common language to describe the fundamental principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Recognize the behaviors of racism and of inclusion
- Evaluate and acknowledge problem areas (barriers to inclusion)
- Understand the case for action
- Evaluate the impact in our work settings and our communities.
- Develop a willingness to stretch and change
- Commit to a process that is, by nature, dynamic
Program Fees: Program tuition is $750. Once payment has been received, an email will be sent with details to complete your registration and prepare for your course.
Scholarship: CDE offers scholarships on a limited basis. To apply for a scholarship, please contact Tanya Pluth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited to 20 participants.
Questions? Contact email@example.com