BUILDING THE FOUNDATION: EXPLORING DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
This 2½-day retreat is the first step of a dynamic and rewarding journey. Diversity and inclusion work is not swift: it is an iterative process of awareness building, information gathering, analysis, vision development, planning, and action. There is no magic shortcut. We start by creating a whole-hearted space and a forum for deep learning, honest exploration and open dialogue. From there, we begin to develop an understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion in our lives, our relationships and our work, and explore the many dimensions of diversity in our personal and professional interactions.
- Building self-awareness;
- Developing a common language to describe the fundamental principles of equity, diversity, inclusion, liberation and justice;
- Recognizing the behaviors of racism and of inclusion;
- Evaluating and acknowledging problem areas and barriers to equity, inclusion and belonging;
- Understanding the case for action;
- Evaluating the impact of equity, inclusion, and diversity in our work settings and our communities;
- Developing a willingness to stretch and change;
- Committing to a process that is, by nature, dynamic.
The work before us is both a great challenge and a wonderful opportunity!
Open Enrollment for Building the Foundation:
All slots filled – registration closed.
CDE is offering an Open Enrollment course in early 2023. CDE facilitators lead you through an emergent and iterative process of awareness building, information gathering, analysis, vision development, planning, and action to advance equity, diversity and inclusion.
Regardless of where you are in your experience, from the seasoned practitioner to the never before undertaken, the Building the Foundation course re-frames equity, diversity and inclusion as a lifelong, fulfilling journey. Ready to join us? Learn more – contact us today.