BUILDING THE FOUNDATION: EXPLORING DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
For those who are newly embarking upon diversity work, this 2½-day course is the first step of a dynamic and rewarding journey. Diversity and inclusion work is not swift: it is an iterative process of awareness building, information gathering, analysis, vision development, planning, and action. There is no magic shortcut. We start by creating a safe space and a forum for deep learning, honest exploration and open dialogue. From here, we begin to develop an understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion in our lives, our relationships and our work, and explore the many dimensions of diversity in our personal and professional interactions.
- building self-awareness;
- developing a common language to describe the fundamental principles of diversity, inclusion, racism, and equity; recognizing the behaviors of racism and of inclusion;
- evaluating and acknowledging problem areas (barriers to inclusion); understanding the case for action;
- evaluating the impact of equity, inclusion, and diversity in our work settings and our communities;
- developing a willingness to stretch and change;
- and committing to a process that is, by nature, dynamic.
The work before us is both a great challenge and a wonderful opportunity!
Now open for registration!
Building the Foundation
July 26-30, 2021
9am-1pm PST each day
Course sessions will take place on Zoom
Registration and payment link for Building the Foundation: https://cdeinspires.salsalabs.org/buildingthefoundationcdeopenenrollmenttraining
Program tuition is $750. Once payment has been received, an email will be sent with details to complete your registration and prepare for your course.
There may be some partial scholarships available with demonstrated need. Please reach out to Jody Van Riper at email@example.com.
How to Register:
Registration will be limited to the first 20 participants who sign up. Additional names will be added to a wait list. Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org